Search This Blog

Friday, April 07, 2006

Which do you posses?

Which do you posses, are you religious or do you have a relationship with God? What does being religious mean to you?

On this website
http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/relationship.shtml it’s
spoken on this site many of things that I have asked myself about
being a Christian and having a relationship with God.
Here are some explanations of what Religion is…

Religion can be very different than having a Relationship with God
through Jesus Christ. Religions are man made, and are based on
trying to get to God through rules and regulations and works. Man
made religions all are based on people's efforts at reaching God
and being made right with Him through their own efforts. God's plan
for man's salvation and for being right with Him is told throughout
the Bible, in the Old Testament and the New Testament. God's plan
is not based on people's efforts and good works, but is based on
His amazing Love and amazing Grace for us; His plan involved His
precious Son Jesus paying the price and cost for our sins on the
cross. You need to put ALL of your trust and faith in Jesus and in
what He did for us on the cross, and not in any religion or in your
own efforts. Simply put all of your trust and faith in Jesus, and
accept His gift of salvation and eternal life, and experience the
joy of having a right RELATIONSHIP of love with God.



Religion (Self Effort, Works)

Goal: reach out to God, try to work your way into heaven

Means: diligent service & works, with hopes of a reward (heaven)

Power: good, honest effort through self-determination

Control: self-motivation and self control

Results: apathy, failure, chronic guilt, eternal separation from
God

Salvation Through Faith In Jesus Christ (Personal Relationship)

Goal: trust fully in Jesus, then live to please Him

Means: confess sins, repent, yield self to Jesus

Power: the Holy Spirit does God's work in and through us

Control: allow the Holy Spirit to control & direct our lives

Results: love, joy, peace, freedom, power eternal life in
heaven,...

"Man's way to reach God is religion; God's way to reach man is
Jesus."

"I (Jesus) am the way, the truth, and the life. No one may come to
the Father except through me."
- John 14:6

"For by grace are you saved, through faith; and this not of your
own, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should
boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

I found this verse (below) through a friend and it showed what the
benefits are of having a relationship with God to me at least.


Jeremiah 29:11-14
11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans
to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a
future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and
I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek
me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the
LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. [b] I will gather
you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,"
declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which
I carried you into exile."

No comments: